Monday 19 April 2010

Anish Kapoor at the Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art (mima)

I got the chance to spend some time at the Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art (mima) at the weekend just for an hour or so. Its always worth the visit even if its only to tee this fabulous modern building within the hart of the town.

Despite being told by a friend that the exhibition at the moment is not very good I was delighted to find several pieces by what I can only describe as my favorite sculptor Anish Kapoor that is coinciding with the launch of his new work Temenos. Which is is soon to be unveiled in Middlehaven, Middlesbrough.

I have over the years made a number of trips to this gallery and have to say that I have always enjoyed the time spent their and would highly recommend to anyone to make the effort to visit the institute of modern art in Middlesbrough as I know you will not be disappointed.

A big thank you to Temenos for leaving a valuable coment that we can all benifit from and a link to some pictures of the official launch of Temenos, pictures of Anish's art installation at Middlehaven.

 



1 comment:

Temenos said...

Hi, I thought you would be interested to know that today was the official launch of Temenos, Anish's art installation at Middlehaven. Here is a link to some pictures http://ow.ly/1WHM5 but if you would like the official press release or more information please do email us at info@teesvalleygiants.com