Saturday 23 February 2008

Believing we can.

Hear we are again another leap year is almost upon us, how did that creep up on me I only noticed when someone told me during the week. What will you do with an extra day ? Mmmm I think I will paint. Paint what ? Dose it matter I don't think so I do really get so much out of standing in front of a canvas and bashing at it with a brush. Sounds dreadful doesn't it! I almost feel guilty about saying it like that but it dose seam to be like that. bashing out Ideas, bashing at the canvas just letting myself go, letting the Ideas flow exploring, questioning desperately trying to understand the whole process and finding myself. all the answers are hidden inside, all I have to do is let them out. That's what painting is to me , just letting it happen or shutting my eyes and paint, that's what I call it. Sounds easy don't it but its one of the hardest thing there is and the reason is that we spend so much of our time believing what we are told. Believing we cant, believing that its not allowed, believing that" NO "is a good word, believing what the teachers said at school (god that was a long time ago) believing what the papers say, believing what someone else thinks and it all clouds our own thoughts it stops us from doing anything. It stops us from trying.

When did all this start? at school, while we are children, Who knows. but it is up to us when we stop. Stop telling ourselves we cant and start doing. Believing we can. Believing that "NO "is a bad word, Believing The only good thing on the TV is the punch line from the Nike adverts "Just do it". Painting has allowed me to see this, it allowed me to know that there is no right or wrong. just dose it work! and I love it I love the way my life is. Its not always easy, but it is always worth it and now when someone tells me I cant, I know I can. I might have to do it some other way but." I can" I just have to find a way because I believe I can and what's more "I do". I also believe that anyone can, its not just something that is hidden from us, its a choice we all have. We just need to take action and the whole world opens up to us. I have art to thank for that and I am so thankful for that.

No comments: